Best way to disable broken features on a platform

Hello
On Darwin, the configure script of qemu enables some build targets (
darwin-user namely and bsd-user) which does not build at all.
qemu developpers seem to know about it but nothing have been done now.

I am thinking of submitting a patch via send-pr to disable these targets
in pkgsrc, but where should it be disabled ?

Is it better to disable the broken features in the qemu configure
script, or via the pkgsrc Makefile CONFIGURE_ARGS+= ?

I was thinking of the latter but not sure about it.

Thanks

Emmanuel
meta.libera.cc
gcu.info