Re: Strangeness building cups

Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost> writes:

> On 1/12/2009 2:09 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 07:04:49AM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
>>> I defined PKG_OPTIONS.cups in my /etc/mk.conf file (to remove
>>> kerberos and add gs), but when I build the package, I get the
>>> following:
>>
>> Options are additive. To remove a specific option, prefix it with -.
>> E.g. to remove kerberos:
>>      PKG_OPTIONS.cups=       -kerberos.
>
> I noticed this a while back. I guess using '+=' is more for aesthetics
> then? ... My original assumption was that specifying only '=' would
> override.

= overrides the assignment to the *variable* PKG_OPTIONS.cups.  += is
generally preferred if you don't know whether or not /etc/mk.conf had
previously set something, perhaps unrelated.

But, the options that are used are not the value of PKG_OPTIONS.cups,
they are instead the contents of PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.cups, modifed by
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS, modified by PKG_OPTIONS.cups (maybe not in that
order).

'make show-options' is very helpful.

Perhaps the last line should say

You can add or remove options by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS or
PKG_OPTIONS.cups to include, e.g., +option1 or -option2.