Strangeness building cups

I defined PKG_OPTIONS.cups in my /etc/mk.conf file (to remove kerberos and add gs), but when I build the package, I get the following:

        The supported build options for cups are:

                dnssd gs kerberos pam poppler slp xpdf

        The currently selected options are:

                dnssd kerberos poppler slp

        You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
        or the following variable.  Its current value is shown:

                PKG_OPTIONS.cups = dnssd gs poppler slp

Why, if the build process recognizes that PKG_OPTIONS.cups is set (as shown in the last line above), does it tell me that 'kerberos' is still one of the selected options (and 'gs' is not)?

Either there's a bug in the pkgsrc build (for cups), or this display of currently selected options is misleading!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |