Re: A more efficiet way to update packages.

A common problem with pkg_rolling-replace is that some operation it does
fails.  The path to figuring that out is to ask if the operation made
sense, and if so find the problem in the operation, not worrying about
pkg_rr.

In this case, bmake was out of date, and pkg_rr just did

  make replace package clean

and that failed because bmake-20081111 is marked not for deletion.

I don't know how this is supposed to be handled; surely pkgsrc should be
able to update such packages, even without DESTDIR.

What I do is rm -rf /var/db/pkg/bmake-20081111 and then the make install
works, and then continue.  This removes the registration but not the
bits, so make install still has make to run....