Re: [rant] Too many dependencies

On 22/07/2009 10:45 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:41:44AM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
Ok, I'll accept responsibility for being the cause of part of the
problem. *shrug*  wegyttd

I didn't want to imply *that* :)

'Want' or 'mean to' ... whateva :P

As a user trying to adhere to the existing framework, knowing what to
set for PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS and X11_TYPE to ensure I only get what I
need, was not obvious.

Ultimately, only show-options/show-depends-options will tell.

Being aware of the former option does make a big difference.

All I'm saying is; it would be nice to be able to build whatever I want
and know that it will be the bare minimum if I so choose. That choice
doesn't currently exist unless you are a little seasoned.

IIRC, PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS= -*

So there is an 'off' switch! Brilliant!

Thanks Joerg