Re: anjuta build issue

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 12:05:07PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> On 2/06/2009 11:27 AM, hashi wrote:
> >so then I go into x11/xproto
> >install that after i discovered that libICE
> >says
> >No package 'xproto' found
> >that goes ok ...installing xproto
> >however when I return to libICE
> >it still say it cannot find xproto
>
> Did you do a 'make clean' in libICE after xproto was installed?

nope that is a good point i didn't

> What's the contents of your mk.conf? More to the point, have you set
> X11_TYPE=modular?

I did set this correctly however
and still no luck. I have found a post
on netbsd-tech-pkgsrc that this is
an issue that has been causing problems for a lot of people
for a while now and that really this is
a problem that some packages are relying on modular-xorg-libs
and that pkgsrc is none too clear about the
problem when it fails for this reason

i went into meta-pkgs and am now in the middle
of installing modular-xorg-libs againts the
advice that is given in the said pkg's DESCR
which tells me that ordinary pkgsrc usage doesn't require it
as library dependencies are handled explicitly
apparently!

> I think pkgsrc will assume an independent X11 install if you don't
> explicitly tell it to use the pksrc modular packages.
>
> ... but I could be wrong :)

I think you are right
the X11_TYPE=modular setting in /etc/mk.conf
will need to be there even after I install
modular-xorg-libs

anyway if this works I will let people know

hashi