gtk2+ print problem

When I try to print from gtk2+ applications, including quite
specifically firefox3 and evince, I'm not given the option to print to
lpr, only to a file.  There's nothing about printing in my .gtkrc-2.0
file (though there might have been such a restriction a few weeks ago,
as part of the effort to make firefox3 print), gtk2+ was freshly
recompiled with the cups option, cups is running and
working, /usr/pkg/bin/lpr is in my path (and /usr/bin/lpr is mode 0, as
on my other machines), I see no strange variables in my environment,
etc.