Re: gnome-applets PLIST trouble

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:42:59 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have been having this problem for a while, and I almost figured it out
> a while ago and now I forgot.  box is i386, 5.0RC1, very normal.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?  When other people build gnome-applets, does
> the resulting package have invest bits?
>
> => Checking file-check results for gnome-applets-2.24.3.1nb1
> ERROR: ************************************************************
> ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkg:

This means two things;

1. You have PKG_DEVELOPER set to "YES" in mk.conf

2. The package's PLIST is incorrect.

You can fix this by turning off PKG_DEVELOPER but that just hides the
issue.  That flag causes things to be checked that users would not
normally see.  The package that is built is probably fine.  The problem
with PLIST being out of sync is that pkg_delete won't run cleanly
whether you are a developer or not.

There is no maintainer for gnome-applets so I guess you could go in and
fix this yourself.  If unsure about how you can just make a PR for it.

Having said that, I checked and there already is a PR:
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=40209
I'm not sure how connecting to the X11 server can cause the problem but
I will install it on a test system and see if I get the same conenction
error that they describe and whether it has the same warning or not.  I
will update the PR if I have any new information.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/