Re: pkgsrc in real life

* On 2009-01-28 at 15:36 GMT, Jörn Clausen wrote:

> - How do you separate build and install phase? A "make update" that
> deletes in-use binaries and then compiles for some hours is a no-go.

Previously discussed on this list, my personal approach hasn't changed:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2008/07/29/msg007735.html

Only that now I build packages in a trashable Solaris zone (as lofs/nfs
sandbox is just way too unreliable).  I'll probably document this approach
soon (as well as OpenSolaris in VirtualBox), as it makes dev work really
nice.

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/