Bootstrap problem under Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Hello.

Was playing with pkgsrc (this is using the 2008Q3 tree) on a hackbox I put together which is running Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex. Using the testbootstrap script, it dies with the following in BOOTSTRAP.LOG:

gcc  -I. -I.  -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c glob.c
In file included from glob.c:12:
__glob13.c: In function globextend:
__glob13.c:836: error: ARG_MAX undeclared (first use in this function)
__glob13.c:836: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
__glob13.c:836: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [glob.o] Error 1
===> exited with status 2
aborted.

I get the same error with an install of Fedora 9

Anyone else get this on a Linux box?

Thanks!

--Ian.

--
Ian R. Justman
UNIX hacker.  Anime fan.  Any questions?