Re: bootstrap can trigger bug in /bin/sh of OpenSolaris

* On 2008-10-30 at 10:11 GMT, Jörn Clausen wrote:

> I started trying pkgsrc under OpenSolaris 2008.05, and found this bug
> in /bin/sh:
>
> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=80967
>
> Depending of the outcome of this (or the time it needs to be fixed), a
> workaround in bootstrap might be useful. Actually, I think the test is
> *very* restrictive and could be relaxed a lot.

pkgsrc should not be using /bin/sh on *solaris, are you using a recent
release?  We install pdksh these days and use that instead.

Or are you saying this makes bootstrap itself fail?

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/