Re: irssi: Error detected by libpthread: Invalid mutex.

Am 27.10.2008 um 18:14 schrieb Christian Biere:

Out of curiosity, why are you using -fwrapv? The GCC manpage is highly
misleading in this regard. This is no optimization flag. I would think
that -fstack-protector-all implies you value security highly. However,
code that requires -fwrapv is so broken and ignorant of any standards
that no amount of stack overflow checking could ever repair it. I'll
assure anyone that code relying on -fwrapv is ripe with other bugs of
all kinds anyway.

Without -frwapv, gcc 4 decides to optimize away some checks for integer overflows.

Regarding your problem, read pthread(3) as the message tells you. It'll
show you a workaround for broken software like this. Nonetheless, you
should consider filing a bug report to the developers of irssi, assuming
this isn't a bug in one the used libraries.

Well, I wanted to know first if others experience the same problem before I create a PR :).

--
Jonathan