Re: irssi: Error detected by libpthread: Invalid mutex.

Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
> Am 27.10.2008 um 17:37 schrieb Adrian Portelli:
>
>> What OS/release/arch are you on  ?
>
> Oh, sorry, totally forgot that pkgsrc isn't NetBSD-only :).
>
> NetBSD 4.0, x86.
>
>> What options are you compiling irssi with ?
>
> The interesting part from /etc/mk.conf:
>
> .ifdef BSD_PKG_MK
> CFLAGS += -O2 -fstack-protector-all -fwrapv
> CXXFLAGS += -O2 -fstack-protector-all -fwrapv
> .endif

Out of curiosity, why are you using -fwrapv? The GCC manpage is highly
misleading in this regard. This is no optimization flag. I would think
that -fstack-protector-all implies you value security highly. However,
code that requires -fwrapv is so broken and ignorant of any standards
that no amount of stack overflow checking could ever repair it. I'll
assure anyone that code relying on -fwrapv is ripe with other bugs of
all kinds anyway.

Regarding your problem, read pthread(3) as the message tells you. It'll
show you a workaround for broken software like this. Nonetheless, you
should consider filing a bug report to the developers of irssi, assuming
this isn't a bug in one the used libraries.

--
Christian