Re: native openoffice on amd64?

Well i can confirm this is amd64 related, i do not have problem with i386 one --- on same machine.

Regards,

Berndt Josef Wulf, 10/16/08 02:19:
On Thursday 16 October 2008 08:32:23 Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:50:13 +0200

Geert Hendrickx <ghen%telenet.be@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

I've built pkgsrc/misc/openoffice2 and now also openoffice3 on
NetBSD/amd64 4.99.72.  They both build and package fine,  and do
start up,  but run very unstable.  An easily reproducible crash is to
open an empty spreadsheet (or any spreadsheet), and hit "Delete" on
any cell in it -> OpenOffice restarts immediatly into document
recovery mode.  No error is shown, also not in the xterm I started
soffice from.

Has anyone else seen this?
I can reproduce that (same platform and NetBSD version).  In practice,
though, instability has not been a problem for me.  The only serious
issue I have had is the inability to save .ppt files.

openoffice2-bin (32-bit linux binary), as well as openoffice3-bin
(manually installed rpms) work without any problem.
I haven't been able to get any 32-bit linux binaries to run.

Where is openoffice3?  In wip?

FYI, I can't reproduce this on a NetBSD 4.99.72 (GENERIC) i386 system. Maybe this is a AMD64 issue?

cheerio Berndt