Re: KDE4 / first install and small errors

On Saturday 11 October 2008 13:39:11 Cem Kayali wrote:

> I have built x11/modular-xorg-server (and some packages Xorg requires)
> and then wip/kdebase4 with X11_TYPE=modular. Once i try to run kdm as
> service, /etc/rc.d/kdm couldn't not start properly because it searches
> for /usr/bin/X and link to /usr/pkg/bin/X was missing under /usr/bin.

I'm not sure why that would be.  When I build it my /etc/kdm/kdmrc file has
the line "ServerCmd=/usr/pkg/bin/X -br" so it should be running it
directly.

> After starting kdm as root, i have noticed that all kde icons are
> missing and theme was awfull. Then, i installed wip/kdeplasma-addons4
> and problem has been fixed. I think, kdebase4 requires a package that it
> does not install automatically by default.

You needed kdebase-runtime4, which kdeplasma-addons4 pulled in for you.
I've added the dependency.

> PS: /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/dbus has syntax error and it does not
> start dbus service... I removed 'done' line and it worked under
> /etc/rc.d.

fixed, thanks.

cheers
mark