Re: How to submit a fix where files added/deleted?

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 04:27:27PM +0000, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated www/p5-Template-Toolkit to 2.20 (just today I applied the patch
> got from the modules author where an issue with flags from pkgsrc's added
> flags to the Makefile.PL causes tt2 to fail correct installing).
>
> I need to remove PLIST from the pkg (no additional files are created
> anymore) and add patches/patch-aa which contains the diff for the fix
> from the author from his svn repository.
>
> Do I have to manipulate CVS/Entries file to simulate files added/removed?

As long as no new directories are involved (and that you're against
HEAD), you can just cvs add/rm and then cvs diff -N.

But I usually don't bother and manually do
'diff -u /dev/null lalala >> mypatch' for additions and the other way
around for deletion.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost