Re: screen-blanking and horizontal red streaks with a DVI KVM...

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:58:19 -0700
Tom Spindler <dogcow%babymeat.com@localhost> wrote:

> > I have two computers -- a Dell Dimension 8400 and a Mac Mini --
> > connected via a KVM switch to a Dell 1600x1200 monitor and a USB
> > keyboard and mouse.
>
> Which version of xorg drivers - and most importantly, what video card
> do you have? Radeons, in particular, are notorious for having blanking
> issues, due to bugs in the onboard firmware's timing clocks.

pkg_info says modular-xorg-drivers-1.3.  The log file says

        Chipset ATI Radeon X300 (RV370) 5B60 (PCIE) found

This info may also be relevant:

(II) LoadModule: "radeon"
(II) Loading /usr/pkg/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//radeon_drv.so
(II) Module radeon: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org Video Driver
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.2