databases/mysql5-server pidfile location

Hi,
I changed the variable of mysqld_datadir to a different directory and deleted the old directory. But the rc.d start script try to save the pid file in the /var/mysql directory. which fails. I looked into the script. The path of the pidfile is generated with the hardcoded value. I don't think this was the intention of the coder?! Because it uses the mysqld_datadir, but the fallback version, because the value of rc.conf isn't loaded at this point. So my question, is this a bug or a feature ;-)

Best Regards
Stephan