mail/roundcube fails for PEAR

We were trying to install mail/roundcube from latest pkgsrc.

It requires:
php5-pear-Net_SMTP>=1.2.10
php5-pear-Mail_Mime>=1.3
php5-pear-MDB2>=2.4.1
php5-pear-Auth_SASL-[0-9]*
php5-mysql>=4.3.1
php5-pear-MDB2_Driver_mysql-[0-9]*
php5-iconv>=4.3.1
php5-mbstring>=4.3.1
php5-mcrypt>=4.3.1
php5-sockets>=4.3.1
php5-gd>=4.3.1
mysql-client>=5.0.51b

All depending packages are installed.

Apache config contains:
Include /etc/pkg/roundcube/roundcube.conf

Starting the installer, I get the following no-gos:

PEAR:  NOT OK(Failed to load PEAR.php; See http://pear.php.net)
DB:  NOT AVAILABLE(Use MDB2 instead)
MDB2:  NOT OK(Failed to load MDB2.php; See http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2)
Net_SMTP:  NOT OK(Failed to load Net/SMTP.php; See
http://pear.php.net/package/Net_SMTP)
Mail_mime:  NOT OK(Failed to load Mail/mime.php; See
http://pear.php.net/package/Mail_mime)

Why doesn't php/roundcube find PEAR.php? PEAR-base-system itself is installed. Is there anything required in php.ini?

(Please answer by PM, too, I am not yet subscribed to pkgsrc-users)

Thanks!

--
markus