Re: Updating emulators/simh

On Sat 01 Mar 2008 at 12:54:28 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> If you already have a patch, it would be nice if you'd post it. Either
> here, or to the SIMH mailing list (<simh%trailing-edge.com@localhost>,
> guess they'd like it!

I don't really have a patch ready as such, just (code fragments in) a
modified klh10. But since that is probably doing much the same as SIMH,
it should not be difficult to adapt. If/when I have time, you know the
problem :-)

> The code tries to list local networking devices. Maybe it's already
> possible to pre-create a tap device and it'll be listed? I think I
> should have a look at that at some time.

If that should work it would only need some additions to the
documentation. It would use BPF on the tap then, I'd expect; hopefully
that would work.

My code will use a pre-existing tap device without messing with it (the
user has to specify a device name to use, I think simh is similar). So
you could set it up to do routing, for instance, if you like, instead of
the default unrouted bridge mode.

> MfG, JBG
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.