Re: Updating emulators/simh

On Sat, 2008-03-01 11:28:41 +0100, Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri 29 Feb 2008 at 21:05:18 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Networking may work, too.
>
> Speaking of networking, does it still only use the BPF method? That
> method cannot communicate with the host machine itself. For klh10 (the
> PDP-10 emulator) I once put together a tap + bridge networking method,
> which doesn't have that problem. Any interest in that?

Same problem on Linux.  First of all, I'm not the SIMH maintainer.
Just a (quite new) NetBSD user with VAX interests. But yes, it would
be nice to be able to bind it to a tap device, putting it into a
bridge with some local ethernet adaptor.

The code tries to list local networking devices. Maybe it's already
possible to pre-create a tap device and it'll be listed? I think I
should have a look at that at some time. But first I'll need to get a
successfully bootable VAX ISO :)

If you already have a patch, it would be nice if you'd post it. Either
here, or to the SIMH mailing list (<simh%trailing-edge.com@localhost>,