GCC_REQD=3.0 vs. gcc-4.x in base system

On a NetBSD-current system, with a naitve gcc-4.1.3, when I try to
build a package that has "GCC_REQD+= 3.0", it decides to build the
gcc3-c package as a dependency of the package taht I am actually trying
to build.  GCC_REQD is documented to be a list of minimum versions,
so I would have expected the native gcc-4.x to satisfy the gcc>=3.0
dependency implied by the GCC_REQD setting.

--apb (Alan Barrett)