Re: {pkgsrc-users} Re: package: audio/rip trouble. Track #2 . [SEC = UNCLASSIFIED]

On 2007.12.08 09:09:03 +1100, Paul (NCC/CS.) wrote:
> query error at cddb db: freedb.freedb.org:888

rip appears to be trying to use the cddbp protocol (port 888).
It's failing as freedb.freedb.org doesn't seem to be accepting
cddbp connections:

    $ telnet freedb.freedb.org 888
    Trying 195.214.216.38...
    $

If you're in dire need to rip tracks, try audio/abcde: it uses the
CDDB CGI gateway which appears to be working for both

    http://freedb.freedb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi
    http://freedb.musicbrainz.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi

I can't test it though as I don't have any music CDs handy.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli