Re: audio/faad2 needs updating

> would it be possible to update audio/faad2 to the latest version? The
> version in pkgsrc-current is 2.0 and faad2-2.6.1 has been recently released.

The reason that I didn't update to 2.5 is that there was a licencing change
between 2.0 and 2.5 which is - according to people in the Linux/Debian
camp - even self-contradicting, so calling for trouble.
Also, the only relevant technical change in 2.5 seems to be support of SBR/PS
which is not that essential -- at least one should weight the benefits
against the drawbacks.
I'm not generally opposed to a switch to newer versions -- what does 2.6 add?

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt