Re: Problems creating a new package ...

Matthew Grooms wrote:
Roland Illig wrote:

OPT_NATT isn't prefixed with "-D", but should be. The reason for the build failure was that _all_ other packages seemingly don't leave a space between the -D and the name to be defined. I've fixed it in mk/wrapper/arg-source revision 1.2.

Thanks for all your extremely helpful input. I removed the spaces in the CMakeLists.txt define statements and now all is well. Good call.

This shouldn't be necessary after updating mk/wrapper/arg-source.

Please always add a comment _why_ ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM is needed.

I have only tested this software on NetBSD, FreeBSD and Linux using i386 and amd64 archs. I didn't want anyone to get bit on an untested platform so I included the line. What would be the best way to express this and where do I add the comment? Just in the Makefile or do you mean to echo output during the make process?

That's exactly the thing for which I don't want ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM to be used. If you don't know whether it works or not, leave it, and other people will find out. Only use {NOT,ONLY}_FOR_PLATFORM if you are sure that it won't work.

The comment would be placed in the Makefile, above or at the right of the definition.

I prefer USE_TOOLS+=bison here.

I must have bison 2.3 or later.

Ok.

I do have one other question. The cmake configure process attempts to locate the qt3 package automatically. On all other platforms I have compiled, it just works. On NetBSD, I have to set the following for the configure process to work ...

QTDIR=/usr/pkg/qt3
QMAKESPEC=netbsd-g++
PATH=${PATH}:${QTDIR}/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/pkg/qt3/lib/:/usr/X11R6/lib

Some of the included files add QTDIR and possibly other useful things to the CONFIGURE_ENV variable, and that's why it is included in the default do-configure code. You should provide the same environment:

do-configure:
        ( cd ${WRKSRC} && ${LOCALBASE}/bin/cmake ${CMAKE_ARGS} )

do-configure:
        cd ${WRKSRC} && ${SETENV} ${CONFIGURE_ENV} \
                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/cmake ${CMAKE_ARGS}

You can run "bmake debug" or "bmake show-all-configure" to see what's in the variable.

Roland