Re: Problems creating a new package ...

Roland Illig wrote:

OPT_NATT isn't prefixed with "-D", but should be. The reason for the build failure was that _all_ other packages seemingly don't leave a space between the -D and the name to be defined. I've fixed it in mk/wrapper/arg-source revision 1.2.

Thanks for all your extremely helpful input. I removed the spaces in the CMakeLists.txt define statements and now all is well. Good call.

Please always add a comment _why_ ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM is needed.

I have only tested this software on NetBSD, FreeBSD and Linux using i386 and amd64 archs. I didn't want anyone to get bit on an untested platform so I included the line. What would be the best way to express this and where do I add the comment? Just in the Makefile or do you mean to echo output during the make process?

I prefer USE_TOOLS+=bison here.

I must have bison 2.3 or later.

Why do you override these targets? They seems to do the same as the default ones, only a bit more stub-like.

The original Makefile was hacked to bits trying to figure out why the compile was breaking. I have attached another Makefile and options.mk file which incorporates most of your suggestions. Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

I do have one other question. The cmake configure process attempts to locate the qt3 package automatically. On all other platforms I have compiled, it just works. On NetBSD, I have to set the following for the configure process to work ...

QTDIR=/usr/pkg/qt3
QMAKESPEC=netbsd-g++
PATH=${PATH}:${QTDIR}/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/pkg/qt3/lib/:/usr/X11R6/lib

All the dependency packages are installed. Is this normal or am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks in advance,

-Matthew
DISTNAME=               ike-2.0.1-release
CATEGORIES=             security
MASTER_SITES=           http://www.shrew.net/vpn/
EXTRACT_SUFX=           .tbz2

MAINTAINER=             mgrooms%netbsd.org@localhost
HOMEPAGE=               http://www.shrew.net/
COMMENT=                Shrew Soft IKE daemon and client tools

WRKSRC=                 ${WRKDIR}/ike
BUILD_DEPENDS=          cmake>=2.4.*:../../devel/cmake \
                        bison>=2.3:../../devel/bison

USE_LANGUAGES=          c c++

CMAKE_ARGS=             -DETCDIR=${PKG_SYSCONFDIR:Q} \
                        -DMANDIR=${PREFIX}/${PKGMANDIR} \
                        -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${PREFIX} \

.include "options.mk"

do-configure:
        ( cd ${WRKSRC} && ${LOCALBASE}/bin/cmake ${CMAKE_ARGS} )

.include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"
PKG_OPTIONS_VAR=        PKG_OPTIONS.ike
PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS=  qtgui natt ldap debug
PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS=  qtgui natt

.include "../../mk/bsd.options.mk"

.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mqtgui)
CMAKE_ARGS+=            -DQTGUI=YES
.include "../../x11/qt3/application.mk"
.endif

.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mnatt)
CMAKE_ARGS+=            -DNATT=YES
.endif

.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mldap)
CMAKE_ARGS+=            -DLDAP=YES
.include "../../databases/openldap-client/buildlink3.mk"
.endif

.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mdebug)
CMAKE_ARGS+=            -DDEBUG=YES
.endif