Re: xorg regression?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Sverre Froyen wrote:
> Thanks for the hint.  Adding
>
>     Option "Protocol"    "wskbd"
>     Option "Device"      "/dev/wskbd"
>
> to the keyboard input device section in my xorg.conf file seems to cure most
> of my problems.

That makes things worse for me.  The arrow keys don't work with the
"wskbd" protocol, whereas they worked without the "standard" keyboard
protocol.  Alt-control-F{1,2,3,...} still don't work.  (I wasn't seeing
the repeating keys or missing keys problems that you reported.)

> There was a discussion on port-sparc about problems using /dev/wskbd with
> multiple keyboards attached.  I'll find out tomorrow.

Oh, I have only one keyboard, and it's the one built-in to my laptop
(according to dmesg, it's "wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard").
Also I am using i386, not sparc.

--apb (Alan Barrett)