Re: README.html: cannot find vulnerability list

On 2007/08/05 16:58, Adrian Portelli wrote:
> Mark E. Perkins wrote:
>>>>
>>> This wasn't me but it's fixed now anyway :)
>>>
>>> adrian.
>> Better.... ;-)   Now I get
>>
>> -> bmake README.html | more
>> ---->  Creating new database in /usr/pkgsrc/www/links/README.html.tmp1
>> ---->  Depending in /usr/pkgsrc/www/links (pass #1)
>> Complete dependency database left in /usr/pkgsrc/www/links/README.html.tmp1
>> Reading database file
>> Making sure binary package cache file is up to date...
>> ----> Checking cache in /usr/pkgsrc/packages
>>       Entries found in /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache but no packages found
>>       Forcing rebuild of cache /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache.
>> ----> Checking master cache file /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache
>>       Updating master cache file /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache
>>     * /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache
>>     * /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache
>>     * /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache
>>
>> forever and ever and ever and ever .... and no README.html
>>
>> -> cat /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache
>> pkgcache_version 20050428
>> pkgcache_cachefile /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache
>>
>> Looks like a tiny bit of infinite recursion in load_cache_file (in
>> mk/scripts/genreadme.awk).  Should I send-pr this?
>>
>> Just to be clear, I updated all of pkgsrc after your previous reply.
>>
>> Mark
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I did try this on Darwin myself and I don't see this issue.  I'm running
> the same version of bmake as you and I think the only difference is I'm
> running pkg_install 20070804.  What are the permissions like on
> /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache ?  Can you 'rm -f
> /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache' and try again ?  If that does not show
> anything obvious then please send-pr.  Actually, if it does fix it
> please send-pr anyway as if it's a permission issue it should be handled
> better than that :)
>
> thanks,
>
> adrian.

Hmmm...  Actually, I have pkg_install-20070804 as well, and I didn't mention
it, but had already tried removing /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache and got the
same result.  Permissions are

-rw-r--r--   1 mep  wheel  76 Aug  5 17:22 /usr/pkgsrc/packages/.pkgcache

I'll dig around a bit more to see if I can pin this down, then will send-pr.

Thanks,
Mark