Building emulators/vba on alpha?

Hi,

my pkgsrc bulk build machine for NetBSD/alpha which runs 4.0_BETA2 of
Mar 10 vintage has had problems building the emulators/vba package.
After hitting essentially the same problem (OS crash!)  for the 5th
time (yes, I'm probably too patient...), I decided to try to just skip
the package by marking it as broken, and the build is once again
progressing, and it has since built 5 new packages.

A typical crash looks like this:

CPU 1: fatal kernel trap:

CPU 1    trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
CPU 1    a0         = 0x12002c000
CPU 1    a1         = 0x1
CPU 1    a2         = 0x1
CPU 1    pc         = 0xfffffc00008ef664
CPU 1    ra         = 0xfffffc0000300c84
CPU 1    pv         = 0xfffffc00008ef610
CPU 1    curlwp    = 0xfffffc003ce64888
CPU 1        pid = 25942, comm = sh

panic: trap
Stopped in pid 25942.1 (sh) at  netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:     ret   zero,(ra)
db{1}> trace
cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x1e8
trap() at netbsd:trap+0x3a0
XentMM() at netbsd:XentMM+0x20
--- memory management fault (from ipl 0) ---
memcpy() at netbsd:memcpy+0x54
copyout() at netbsd:copyout+0x50
copyout_vmspace() at netbsd:copyout_vmspace+0x90
uiomove() at netbsd:uiomove+0x134
ffs_read() at netbsd:ffs_read+0x3d0
VOP_READ() at netbsd:VOP_READ+0x40
vn_rdwr() at netbsd:vn_rdwr+0x114
vmcmd_readvn() at netbsd:vmcmd_readvn+0x64
execve1() at netbsd:execve1+0x878
syscall_plain() at netbsd:syscall_plain+0x18c
XentSys() at netbsd:XentSys+0x60
--- syscall (59) ---
--- user mode ---
db{1}>

at which time I do "reboot 4" (just "reboot" seems to have a high
probability of wedging the machine).

To eliminate any problems with my machine from the picture, I
would like to ask whether anyone else who runs NetBSD/alpha
4.0_BETA2 are able to build this package?  If anyone would like
to try, they should note that there's a chance your machine will
crash...

Best regards,

- Håvard