building DRI drivers using libglcore/libglx from the Xorg server?

I've been trying to libtoolize the build of DRI drivers in mesa, and
it's proving to be a royal pain (I'm getting lots of unresolve symbols
from the libmesa.a that it wants to build, and having some other
problems).  It occurred to me that the gl/glx libraries built within
the X server may contain everything the DRI drivers are looking for,
given what's built into libmesa.a (see the  SOLO_OBJECTS list in one
of the 'sources' files in Mesa 6.5.2).

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not these libraries would be
satisfactory in this case.

BTW, if anyone wants to help me with this, they're welcome to share in
the fun. ;)

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11