Re: Conflicts when building two packages at the same time

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:20:36 +0100, Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:

checksum: Checksum SHA1 mismatch for gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0.tar.bz2
ERROR: Make sure the Makefile and checksum file
(/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/gdk-pixbuf
/../gdk-pixbuf/distinfo)
ERROR: are up to date.  If you want to override this check, type

Maybe delete that source distfile.

No, it was "currently downloading" by the other make process. I think
this make (which I show the log) tried to checksum the incomplete file
(which was still downloading by the other make), and then resulted in
a wrong checksum. However, the other make process finished the download
and checked the file successfully (since the download was then finished).

It all happened concurrently. This is a case that may happen if you try
to install packages which share the same dependency, one can begin while
the other is downloading the file, the first one will find a file with
a wrong checksum while the other is *in fact* downloading that same file.

I don't know if I was clear enough.

 Of course the package was not cleaned.

After you setup the "locking" do a clean and clean-depends first before
using. It has been awhile since I used it, but I seem to remember that
cleaning was needed first.

It was not cleaned because the other make process continued with the
firefox dependencies (and will only clean when everything is installed).
Before testing it was clean, but after the lock was removed (which means
after the other make process finished installing gdk-pixbuf) the package
contained the work it did.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend