Re: feature request: mail <MESSAGE

Steven M. Bellovin --> pkgsrc-users (2007-03-22 13:36:23 -0400):
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:51:34 -0400
> "George Georgalis" <george%galis.org@localhost> wrote:
>

> > >I believe that that conflicts with builds using pkg_comp -- at least,
> > >I had trouble because of that.
> >
> > haven't used pkg_comp, is the error because there is no mailer in
> > the chroot? what do you think should be done?
> >
> I don't know why...

The problem is invoking postdrop(1) (via mail(1) -> sendmail(1)) in
the chroot because it doesn't have access to the queue directory. I
use mail/ssmtp to work around this problem.

However, IMHO it would be nice if pkg_add(8) had an option to send the
install message by mail (in addition to print it to stdout as it already
does). Any comments?

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: