Re: How to use on OpenBSD? (has Perl-5.8.8 in OBSD base)

Thanks Steve. Sorry for top posting, I'm trying to answer a lot of mails
quickly and I am using this poor webmail interface instead of claws ;)

I'm abandoning pkgsrc on OpenBSD for now. Claws-mail works great for me on
NetBSD, but I really had to do some major arm-twisting to get it built properly
on NetBSD because I wanted many of the plugins which are Claws defaults, but
they're not NetBSD defaults (gpg, gpginline, gpgmime, gpgme). It may well be
that I don't know how to set the right options so I finally just edited the
three makefiles. It was quite frustrating. I had built it from source on Linux
and I did everything from the configure and it built and worked as I wanted the
first go. I had a few tries on NetBSD before I realized why no plugins got
built. It's a bit confusing because the defaults on pkgsrc version aren't the
same as they are on the Claws website which lists the plugins that come with
the product. If you think about it makes sense because maybe you don't want
gnupg as a pkgsrc dependency for Claws, but it's easy to get a bit lost in the
process of building it, especially if you've built it on other systems.

Since as far as I know the build doesn't require dependencies for plugins in
order to built the plugins themselves (in other words I should be able to build
all of Claws mail including gpg support even if I've not installed gnupg on the
system) may I request that all of the default plugins (that is, plugins that
Claws-mail lists as "standard plugins") be built with claws as a default?

Cheers,
Rand