apsfilter printcap file problems

Hi,

I have installed apsfilter. Pretty much as suggested by this page.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/11/06/Big_Scary_Daemons.html

Everything went ok, I managed to print a test page ok. However printing from
any programme I get the following error

lpr: lp: unknown printer

When I look at the printcap file it does not appear to have changed, comparing
it to a saved version of the original. It is
also unclear whether apsfilter SETUP is supposed to make the necessary changes
to /etc/printcap or not. Either way it
would seem I need to edit printcap. How do I do this to make my printer work
with apsfilter??

the printer is a Canon  BJC-1000SP using a BJC-600 driver as per
LinuxPrinting.org .

Any ideas?

Regards,

Alasdair