Re: proofreading pkgsrc flyers

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher wrote:

> I've created two flyers to advocate pkgsrc, one in German and another
> in English. Contents are the same. However, I would prefer if someone
> would proofread them.
>
> http://net-tex.dnsalias.org/~stefan/nt/netbsd/advocacy/a4-pkgsrc-de.pdf
> http://net-tex.dnsalias.org/~stefan/nt/netbsd/advocacy/a4-pkgsrc-en.pdf
>
> Send updates via mail.

Stefan, thank you for your advocacy work!

Also this is the first time I saw a screenshot of pkg_select. That
screenshot looked bad, but when I zoomed in it was clear.

The English document has German descriptions for images.

Also "skript" should be "script" on the English document.

As for the OpenPGP signatures info -- is that really for integrity of
"source files"? I thought it was for signed packages.

Also the term "cronable" may be misunderstood or unknown to novices --
maybe say "This task can be automated with cron and can improve ..."

The "pkg_view" feature doesn't setup a chroot environment (but symlinks).
(When I last tested, building pkgviews packages didn't work for me -- but
someone more recent wrote that he was using it. I asked him how, but never
heard back.)

Also change "everydays business" to "everyday business".

  Jeremy C. Reed