Re: PKGSRC on Solaris

Omar Lopez Limonta wrote:
2007/1/12, Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz%freenet.de@localhost>:

configure failed to find ar.
I'm using the following lines in my mk.conf:

TOOLS_PLATFORM.ar=      /usr/ccs/bin/ar
TOOLS_PLATFORM.nm=      /usr/ccs/bin/nm
TOOLS_PLATFORM.ranlib=  /usr/ccs/bin/ranlib
USE_TOOLS+=             ar nm ranlib

alternatively you could include /usr/ccs/bin in your shell path (but
that would be too easy, wouldn't it? :-))

Thanks Gregor you are very fast answring ;) , but it until runs wrong
, with the same error :( , my ar was located on
/opt/csw/share/locale/ar i set varibles with it, but it doesn't work,
any other idea? what do you think about binary distribution of pkgsrc
over solaris?

Aehm, you cannot just take an arbitrary file that is called "ar" and expect it to be the ar(1) program, which is an archive manager. In your case, the file /opt/csw/share/locale/ar is even likely to be a directory, the one holding the locale information for Argentinian environments.

You really have to install /usr/ccs/bin/ar.

Roland