Re: using seperate fetch agents depending upon protocol

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:11:38AM -0500, Blair Sadewitz wrote:

> I don't use dozens of connections--more like 3 (I have a cable modem
> that will reliably do 1MB/s to some sites, so it doesn't take much),
> and there are some software repositories extremely close to me
> network-wise.

We limit bandwidth per client for a reason: to ensure, when resources
are scarce, that everyone gets a fair share.

Please do not use multiple connections to circumvent this limit.  I do
not think I can ask any more clearly than that.  And I suspect that the
administrators of many other repositories feel about it the same way
that we do.

Thor