Re: using seperate fetch agents depending upon protocol

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

we catch individual clients opening dozens of connections in parallel to
our servers, we ban their IP addresses until they promise not to do so

Is it considered acceptable to connect to multiple mirrors in parallel at the same time? (as opposed to the same server several times.)