Re: can't compile anymore / Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

Thomas Feddersen wrote:
I used to compile packages on my system, but didn't compile any for the last 6 months.

Now I tried to update package 'esniper' but I repeatedly get the errormessage:

    Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I didn't modify or input any code, and I assume that the code in the packages is syntactically correct. So I have not the slightest idea, where this error comes from.

also from every dependent package I got the same errormessage:
    ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for curl-7.15.5
    Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
    *** Error code 2

Did you read http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/faq.html#ufaq-fail?

If the tips there don't help, please send me the output of "make PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=1".

Roland