Subject: Re: global specification of a specific ghostscript package
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/10/2006 14:53:54
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Brook Milligan wrote:

> There exist several ghostscript packages, any of which might
> dependencies for other packages.  Is there a means of globally
> specifying (e.g., in mk.conf) the specific package that should be used
> when resolving dependencies?

Not really. I see that mk/tools/replace.mk checks if PKG_OPTIONS includes
"cups" and it it does it uses ghostscript-esp. By default it uses
ghostscript-gnu if a package needs a tool provided by a ghostscript
(dvipdf, gs, pdf2ps or ps2pdf).

There was posting a few weeks ago about recent maintenance or maybe
licensing changes for ghostscript. So some of the versions differences may
be merged soon and pkgsrc may be able to get rid of some of the different
versions.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2006/06/17/0001.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2006/06/