Re: Could gimp be removed from the sane-frontends dependencies ?

I have just committed a change to sane-frontends.

gimp is in PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS, so people that don't set the
variable will get the old behavior.  It's my judgement that most
people who want sane-frontends want the gimp plugin.

Put "PKG_OPTIONS.sane-frontends=-gimp" in mk.conf and you should get
xscanimage w/o gimp support.

I would appreciate it if you could test and let me know off list if it
works or not.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>