Re: What does the "WRKOBJDIR" variable do?

> If "/tmp/work" points to "/path/to/pkgsrc/editors/nano/work", then
> what advantage do we have if "/tmp" is on tmpfs? I'd have assumed all
> the actual work happens in "/path/to/pkgsrc/editors/nano/work" and so
> "/tmp" shouldn't make any difference .... am I understanding something
> wrong here? :-S

It's the other way around; /path/to/pkgsrc/editors/nano/work is a
symlink to /tmp/work/editors/nano/work, so none of the temporary build
files ever hits my disk.

Ah ok. Then yup, it makes sense. :)

I am still not clear on what WRKDIR does. Is it possible to set that
to "/tmp/pkgsrc-wrk"? Will all the package "work" directories be
created at this new location then? Why aren't we playing with that
variable instead of WRKOBJDIR?

(additionally, I have CREATE_WRKDIR_SYMLINK=NO in /etc/mk.conf to make
my pkgsrc dir completely read-only.)

But I thought if your pkgsrc is mounted read-only, then symlinks wont
be created in the first place. Or is it that your pkgsrc is mounted
read-write but you dont want symlinks to be created nevertheless, and
so u set this?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Bluewall GNU/ Linux 1.2.2 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (netbsd