Re: Picasa

What do you mean with "downloading Picasa is blocked"? I know
that Google discriminates Non-Americans but that can be fixed
by simply setting the language to "en" or "en-us" in your browser.
So with that, the URLs below should just work:

http://picasa.google.com/linux/thanks-other.html
http://dl.google.com/linux/standalone/picasa-2.2.2820-5.i386.bin

Unless you meant some kind of block at your working place. That
can be worked around as well, so I wonder why they would bother
with technical methods.

Oh, sorry, yup, my workplace blocks it. Nothing from Google's side. :)
For some reason my workplace takes offense to Picasa. :) Thanks for
the download link though -- that works. picasa.google.com is blocked,
but dl.google.com is allowed. :p

Since I have the linux compat stuff installed, and my kernel has the
linux compat options on, ideally its just a matter of running this
file and hoping things work, right? (Though in reality, chances are it
might not work and so I'll just get a bunch of error messages).

As an aside: I didnt know Google discriminated against non-Americans. How so?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)