Re: Picasa

Be aware that Picasa is only shipped in binary form for Linux and it
is bundled with wine and everything else it needs, except libc.  That
is, you needn't install wine from pkgsrc.  At least that is what I
understand from the web page.

Trying it under NetBSD should be easy, assuming you have the SuSE
linux compat packages (available in pkgsrc) and COMPAT_LINUX in your
kernel.  I do not know whether it will work or not.

Great! Thanks. :) So essentially we'll be running Picasa through WINE
(built for Linux) through the Linux compat packages. Heh! If anybody
has success with this, please do post here. :) Place where I work,
downloading Picasa is blocked and so I can't see what they are
offering, or download it myself to try out.

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.os.netbsd (archives)