Re: PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
http://www.python.org/download/ says "The current production version is Python 2.4.3."

See:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/11/07/0037.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/04/04/0056.html

PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT?=        24

I have been using it for well over a year on some systems.

May I update lang/python/pyversion.mk for this?

Yes, please do this. I wanted to wait till just after the 2006Q1 branch to bump the default dependency so we would have time to catch any breakage before the next branch. Now is the best time for this change.

Does this change involve any PKGREVISION bumps for dependent packages or does binary package naming already take care of this?

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost>