On 10/8/26 10:11, Andrew Ball wrote:
Sorry, my mistake. It's net/samba4. -Andy.
Hi, Andy,I had ignored that package, because it says that it is the samba server suite, and I do not want to run a samba server on NetBSD, I just want to mount a samba share from another server.
But, what the heck, I installed it to see if it would provide mount_smbfs. It did not. It does include smbclient, which I tested successfully. However, I am not interested in interactive, ftp-style interaction with the smb share. I want to mount it as if it were a local directory. When I attempt to do so I get:
mount: exec mount_smbfs for /network_music: mount_smbfs: No such file or directory
That being said, while testing smbclient it occurred to me that perhaps a music player would have the built-in ability to mount an smb share for its own use, which could satisfy my immediate need, since the share I'm trying to mount is my music collection. I'll take a look at the music players available in NetBSD and see if there is such an option.
I would still be interested in knowing, though, if it is possible to attach an smb share to a filesystem mount point, like I do on Linux?
Thanks, Jeff