Re: Please forgive a blatant plug: I reviewed v10 for the Reg

On 2024-05-02 11:44, Liam Proven wrote:
This is not so much about the binaries about about the ABI for libc and
other core libs.   But I suspec this works better than you think, if one
arranges for the other libs and deals with elf tags.
You are missing my point.

I am not asking "are they close?" or "are they compatible?" I am
saying: let's

And there's the rub, right there.

You want to tell other people ("developers") what they should spend their time on. And if you were ten times right, it wouldn't work that way.

Do the leg work yourself, and things *might* come to happen. Or not.

work out the differences, make a detailed specific list,
and see if it would be possible to work out a specific standard API so
that*the same binaries*  could run on them all.

Ob-xkcd: <https://xkcd.com/927/>

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344