Re: NetBSD 9.3 to 10.0 upgrade failure - check for DOS fs

Hi,

Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 01:20:12PM +0000, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> /dev/sd0e       /media/usb      msdos   rw              0 0
> What is that partition?
> Is that "usb" device available (as sd0) during your upgrade experiment?

external hard disk. NO it was not mounted, but it is also "noauto"

> If you boot the installer from a USB disk, that might become sd0 and
> things will go awfully wrong. This still is a bug - sysinst should recognize
> the device clash, but I'm pretty sure there currently is no such code.

True, but I also (first attempt actually) booted off CD, which should
remain cd0.

> Maybe you could try commenting that partition out in /etc/fstab, do the upgrade
> and later manually enable it again?

However, this was the trick. I commented that line out... and installer
CD worked like a charm.
So, it got really confused but that fstab

I'm in! 10 boots. pkgin upgrade done. Framebuffer console works, X11
works, ethernet works. Touchpad was unusable before and still is :)

Now I will stress it a bit, compile, check stuff like sleep, audio, wifi....

Riccardo