Re: missing struct authdes_cred

"Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <lkml%metux.net@localhost> wrote:
> while trying to compile Xserver (master branch), I'm encountering an
> error:
>
> ../os/rpcauth.c: In function ‘authdes_ezdecode’:
> 1431../os/rpcauth.c:110:52: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct
> authdes_cred’
> 1432  110 |     return (((struct authdes_cred *)
> r.rq_clntcred)->adc_fullname.name);
> 1433      |
>
> Does this struct really not exist on NetBSD, or am I just missing
> something ?

NetBSD provides versions of the Xserver both in the base operating
system and in pkgsrc, what are you trying to do?

The SECURE_RPC option is not defined for the base build so the error
you list will not occur, haven't checked pkgsrc.

That struct is not provided by NetBSD.

If you want to build any unmodified upstream parts of Xorg then maybe
look at the patches for the equivalent package in pkgsrc or the change
history of things under xsrc/external/mit.