Re: can't get the install USB to boot

On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 10:32:53PM +0900, Henry wrote:
> In order to test NetBSD-10.0, I copied the latest kernel to the root
> directory of a [partially] working NetBSD-9.3 system.  Absolutely
> fantastic: super fast boot-up, AND the '/sbin/shutdown -p' glitch with
> the 9.x series is fixed!  THANK YOU developers for your hard work.
>
> Now, is there a way to update all the binary sets other than using the
> install image sysinst?  Or can you remind me how to get the install
> disk to complete its boot?  I REALLY want to get NetBSD 10 on this
> machine.

Since booting the new kernel works, you could download:

https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-10.0_RC6/amd64/binary/kernel/netbsd-INSTALL.gz

and put it in your (9.3) / dir, reboot, interrupt the boot countdown and drop
to the boot prompt, then do: boot netbsd-INSTALL.gz

This should load a 10.0_RC6 kernel with embedded ramdisk and installer.
In sysinst select upgrade and fetch sets via network.

Martin